Ysgol

During the 18th and 19th centuries a number of day and Sunday schools were founded in the village, mostly short-lived. Only after the Education Act of 1870 was a universal system of free, state-sponsored education introduced.

Llangynog’s Board School was opened in 1878 and soon had over a hundred pupils: the fine stone building, with its master’s house, can be seen up Rhiwarth Road.

It is now used as village workshops: primary age children were transferred to Ysgol Pennant, Penybontfawr, in 1972.