Chair Islwyn Davies welcomed everyone.
Planning Application - Cwmdwygo:
As there were 9 observers from the valley present it was decided to discuss this first.
- Enid read out letters received from the planning office and Julian Freeman Attwood.
- Sarah Chambers had collated all the comments from local residents and emailed the resulting report to the councillors.
- Several residents had sent their comments to the planning office.
Some discussion followed and councillors agreed there was insufficient information and opposed the proposal.
- Alan Young proposed that the community council should specify the details required.
- As no notice regarding the planning has been posted Bryn Davies will take this up with the planning department.
[The planning application is now on the Powys Council website - Click here for details]
Minutes of September 19 read & accepted by Jennie Eilbeck & Gareth Evans.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Linda Foster produced a report she had written on the outcome of the site meeting and discussion of the problems.
- It is suggested that residents record speeds of cars passing through the village.
- This report can be sent to the Chronicle and posted in the notice board.
- Alan Young had been in touch with PCSO James Rosser.
- He is willing to meet with us to discuss the problems and is going to suggest some dates.
All accepted for payment.
- Payments of bills:
- Llywela Lewis ( cleaning) £62.58.
- Gareth Williams ( electrician ) £504. 88.
- Aaron Poole ( plumber) £400.
- Graham Bradley had contacted Enid to say that Llangynog was the only Community Council not to have signed up to the Community Interest company which has been set up to take over non statutory services.
- Alan Young will get in touch.
- Review of communities:
- Letter from Boundaries Commission. Views on draft document invited by Dec 21.
- Web site www.ldbc-Wales.gov.uk.
- Public toilets electricity bill:
- New bill received which does not balance the units used.
- Alan Young to investigate.
- Car park - Pennant Melangell (Yr Heol):
- Complaints over mess.
- Enid to advise that Community Council are responsible for this area.
- Water bill:
- Quarterly bill £272.37.
- Passed for payment.
- Paid for by fund raising.
- Ann & Danny have been using left over money for upkeep.
- Cost p.a. is £198.60 for checking everything is in order.
- Alan Young proposed that Community Council should now take over the maintenance.
- All agreed.
- Change of venue:
- Alan Young proposed that future meetings should take place in the Berwyn Room.
- All agreed.
- Culverts on Bala Road:
- Need cleaning out before winter.
- nid will contact Highways.
- Enid has been in touch with David Knight.