Community Council Meeting
21 February 2017
Archive
16 May 2017
18 April 2017
28 March 2017
21 February 2017
17 January 2017
15 November 2016
18 October 2016
20 September 2016
19 July 2016
21 June 2016
17 May 2016
19 April 2016
15 March 2016
16 February 2016
19 January 2016
24 November 2015
20 October 2015
14 September 2015
21 July 2015
19 May 2015
21 April 2015
17 March 2015
17 February 2015
20 January 2015
21 October 2014
17 June 2014
20 May 2014
15 April 2014
18 March 2014
18 February 2014
21 January 2014
19 November 2013
15 October 2013
17 September 2013
All in attendance.

Sympathy expressed to Phil Morgan on the death of his father.
All stood for 1 minute in respect.

Minutes of Jan 17:
Read by E Jones and accepted by G Tibbott & G Roberts.

  • Matters Arising:
    • Lower Pennant Rd:
      • Highways contacted and said matter is ongoing.
      • D Mayor will make further enquiries.

  • Bill for cleaning toilets:
    • Agreed to pay Llywela Lewis. £67.50.

  • Planning for Mount Quarry:
    • No objections.

  • Tenders for grass cutting:
    • Needed by next month.
    • Enid to ask around.
    • Llanfyllin cluster group to be consulted (John Bellingham Llanfyllin councillor) cutting of church yards & playing fields.

  • One Voice Wales:
    • £56 membership.
    • Agreed to continue membership (proposed I. Davies, seconded G Evans).

  • Census:
    • 2017 census test to prepare for 2021 census.
    • Letters to be sent to every house in Powys in spring.
    • Questionnaire to be completed.
    • More info on web site.

  • Local Council Elections:
    • Nomination packs will be available in English.
    • Welsh language packs can be requested by Feb 24.
    • Election time table.
    • Hall has been booked.
    • Hall treasurer had form to complete.

  • Well being Council Support:
    • Welsh government initiative.
    • Consultation being undertaken.
    • Feedback important.
    • Can be given on line.
    • Will form part of future planning.

  • Local Development Plan:
    • Now includes plans for wind farm near L Vyrnwy Hotel.

  • Sundries for Toilets:
    • Bill from J Eilbeck for £100.08.
    • Payment proposed by G Roberts, seconded I Davies.
    • All agreed.

  • Painting of Toilets:
    • Bill from M Jones for £945.
    • Payment proposed G Tibbott seconded J Eilbeck.
    • All agreed.

  • Fixing of leak in urinals:
    • Bill from Richard Jones £200.33.
    • Proposed P Morgan seconded G Evans.
    • Seat still required by disabled toilet still not fixed.
    • Enid to contact R Jones.

  • Trees in wall at Penant Melangell:
    • Rev C Browne suggested asking for volunteers to remove them.
    • She will ask the archdeacon about insurance issues.
    • Council to have a site meeting to consider issue.

  • Llanfyllin Cluster Meeting:
    • Message from J Bellingham.
    • March 8 meeting at 7.30 in old Wesleyan chapels.
    • H.Williams will attend.

  • Road by Rhydyfelin:
    • Water freezing causing a hazard.
    • Highways to be approached again.

  • Speed Sign:
    • Still waiting for sign to be repaired and brought to Llangynog.

  • New highways vehicles:
    • Councillor Mayor reported that all vehicles are leased.

  • Llanfyllin High School:
    • Head has resigned.
    • Interim team in place.
    • Improvement plan in operation.
    • Challenges but heading in right direction.
    • Results are good.

  • Health Care:
    • Pilot schemes set up to improve service by more liaison between social services and health officials.

  • Next Meeting: March 28.