Community Council Meeting
18 October 2016
Archive
18 July 2017
20 June 2017
16 May 2017
18 April 2017
28 March 2017
21 February 2017
17 January 2017
15 November 2016
18 October 2016
20 September 2016
19 July 2016
21 June 2016
17 May 2016
19 April 2016
15 March 2016
16 February 2016
19 January 2016
24 November 2015
20 October 2015
14 September 2015
21 July 2015
19 May 2015
21 April 2015
17 March 2015
17 February 2015
20 January 2015
21 October 2014
17 June 2014
20 May 2014
15 April 2014
18 March 2014
18 February 2014
21 January 2014
19 November 2013
15 October 2013
17 September 2013
  • Apologies:
    • Darren Mayor, Gwynoro Roberts.

  • Chair welcomed David Knight local supervisor from Highways based in Llanfyllin:
    • Lots of budget cuts have reduced service.
    • Only 8 men in the team.
    • Main depot in Welshpool.
    • David answered questions from councillors.
    • Explained why new patches of tar had not been sealed.
    • He is available in the office from 7.30 am to 9.00 am.
    • Hugh thanked him for attending the meeting.

  • Matters arising from minutes from 20 September:
    • Awaiting reply from painters for painting toilets.
    • Questionnaire re day centres has been completed and sent off.

  • Co-option of Phil Morgan as councillor took place.

  • Payment of toilet cleaning to Llywela Lewis agreed.
    • Donations continue to be received.

  • Estimate for hedge cutting by playing field and Melangell car park is £135:
    • Clerk to be notified before work is undertaken.

  • Citizens Advice Newton requested a donation:
    • Declined.

  • Llanfyllin library:
    • Llanfyllin Town council agreed to raise their contribution to £8K.
    • Local community councils asked to contribute pro rata.
    • Llangynog asked to contribute £423.
      • J Eilbeck felt the library was of value to the community and proposed that we pay this amount for the year.
      • Seconded by I Davies & G Evans, all agreed.

  • Letter received from Glyn Davies:
    • Giving notice of a meeting concerning border changes.

  • Letter from Russell George:
    • Expressing concern over possibility of transferring A & E services to Telford and asking communities to respond to consultation when it is available.
    • He also asked for support for the day centres for the elderly which are under threat from Powys council.
    • Meeting regarding this will take place at New Inn on Weds Oct 26.

  • Rateable value of public conveniences and car park has been produced by private company £1,900:
    • Clerk to contact the company to notify them that the car park is not the responsibility of the Council.

  • Letter from Chris Lloyd:
    • Re interactive sign which should have been relocated to Llangynog.
    • Awaiting refurbished signs.

  • Web site bill £68.19 (purchase of name and hosting site fees):
    • Agreed to pay.

  • New lock needed for notice board:
    • Clerk to ask Idris to replace.

  • Village Workshops:
    • Hugh Williams reported back on his meeting at Llandrindod with council officials.
    • Planning permission for bunkhouse has been withdrawn.

  • Broadband:
    • Agreed to write to Welsh Assembly regarding poor reception in Village.