Chairman welcomed everyone & expressed good wishes to Gwilym Tibbott on his 90th birthday.
Minutes of previous meeting:
Read & accepted by J.Eilbeck & P. Morgan
- Matters Arising:
- Toilet Rates:
- Clerk had contacted council.
- No bill to pay.
- Electricity Bill:
- Clerk had contacted British Gas.
- Still some confusion.
- All bills have been paid and then credited.
- Clerk will wait for a further bill.
- Llywela to be asked to check the meter reading in the toilets.
- Measures to reduce bills need to be taken:
- 1 automatic light 2 LED bulbs.
- Clerk will chase this.
- Grass cutting:
- J. Hughes Estimate not acceptable.
- Clerk had contacted John Bellingham but he no longer cuts grass.
- Another person will be contacted before Clerk asks J. Hughes to start cutting.
- Toilet Cleaning:
- Llywela's bill £45.
- Agreed to pay.
- Uncontested election:
- Results have been published on Powys website.
- Declaration forms of new councillors will be completed at the next meeting.
- AGM will be held on May 17 (within 14 days of May 4).
- Results of uncontested election:
- Isllwyn Davies (Llwyn Onn).
- Jennie Eilbeck (Glas y Dorlan).
- Gareth Evans (Glanhafon Fawr).
- Linda Foster (Bryn Craig).
- Phil Morgan (Awel y Crug).
- Gwilym Tibbott (Tan-Y-Bryn).
- Alan Young (Tegfan).
- Insurance quote:
- Received from Norris & Fisher £443.
- Considerably less than Zurich.
- Agreed to accept quote.
- Severn Trent Water:
- No comeback to clerk's inquiry.
- Need to investigate more economic water systems.
- Seat in playground:
- More families using playground, need for seat.
- Agreed to buy 2 seats and have them concreted in.
- Gareth will research metal seats and bring to next meeting.
- Speed monitor in Penybont still waiting to be repaired.
- Clerk to contact highways.
Gwilym thanked the 2 retiring councillors, Hugh Williams & Gwynoro Roberts, for all their hard work over a number of years.
He also wished Gwynoro all the best for his forthcoming operation.