Darren Mayor in the chair congratulated Gwilym & Isobel Tibbot on their 65th wedding anniversary.
Minutes of 2015 AGM read & accepted.
- Account balance current = £4,294.61.
- Toilets & graves balance = £7,002.49.
New officers elected
John Jones, outgoing chair, thanked all the councillors for their support over the year.
- Chair: Hugh Williams.
- Vice chair: Gwynoro Roberts.
Minutes of last meeting read & accepted.
- Work shops: Darren Mayor gave update
- New owners would like to give presentation of their plans to Community Council at next meeting.
- Permission to sell had gone through cabinet before Darren took over buildings portfolio.
- Secure tenancy has been agreed but rent would be market rate.
- Shaun Harris has been consulted and is satisfied with the proposals.
- Llangynog Councillors felt that the sale had been very underhand. Notice was far too late for the community to take any action.
JE Hughes Payment
- £260 Payment for church yards to be made.
- Playground not been cut so no payment to be made.
- Reminder that cuttings should be removed.
- Cleaning & materials: £63.95 agreed.
Painting of public toilets
- Only one estimate has been received for £1088.00.
- Two decorators do not want the work & the fourth has expressed interest but not presented a quote.
- Agreed to accept the estimate.
Work has still not been done on the taps & lights.
In addition John Jones has noticed some running water which needs investigation.
Further notices to be posted telling people where to find the donation box.
Llanfyllin High School
- Darren Mayor reported that 200 pupils from out of county bring £800.00 so transport costs of £100.00 negligible.
- Loss of these pupils will affect curriculum choices, including Welsh medium, and local pupils education.
- It may put the whole future of the school in jeopardy.
- Legal advice is being taken to challenge Powys over this, spearheaded by friends of the school.
- Public support is urgently needed.
- Cost £933.33. Payment agreed.
Email address for council
- Clerk to consult John Wilson.
Electronic speed lights
- Highways to be asked for these to be returned to Llangynog.
Payment for Janet Burton for letter heads
Payment to Jennie for toilet rolls agreed £63.
Hugh, John & Gareth agreed to move overgrowth by Penant Melangell.