Best wishes expressed
to Jennie & Gwynoro following hospital treatment.
Condolences to Gwilym on the loss of his sister in law.
- Accepted by Gwynoro, seconded by Gwilym.
- Matters arising:
- Written complaint re state of grass in Penant passed on to Jack.
- Clerk had spoken to the planners re planning for Cae Ddol giving full support of Council.
- Road issues: David Knight, Highways area manager, to arrange meeting with Llangynog & Llanwddyn community councils for September.
- Decoration of toilets: Malcolm Jones is interested in quoting.
- Sue Rose & Angie Bowden invited to present proposals for old school:
- Jennie read message from Sean Harris in support of their proposals.
- Wishing to establish a bunk house to provide accommodation for visitors.
- Between 2/4 new jobs would be created.
- Front would remain the same with extension on the back.
- Sean Harris is being offered a tenancy renewable on a yearly basis but hope that he will remain long term.
- Workshop will be kitted out to Sean's requirements.
- Rent will rise to reflect improved facilities en par with others in the area.
- Councillors were given the plans to view.
- Interior design will reflect local heritage.
- Clientele could be extended to include school groups subject to negotiation with the Council.
- Increase of volume of traffic may be a problem.
- Concerns were expressed over noise of pumps for bike washing.
- Pumps will be set at furthest limit from existing properties and time limited.
- Enid read letter of resignation from John Jones after 37 years as a councillor.
- He was thanked for all his service to the community.
- Llywela Lewis bill for cleaning toilets £67.23:
- J.T.Hughes bill £305:
- J Eilbeck bill for toilet rolls £70.20:
- Temporary closure of road at Pedair Ffordd for repairs to the bridge, B4396:
- Unable to confirm dates but will probably start on August 30.
- Letter from Dr J Scott sent to Darren Mayor complaining about the state of Llangynog:
- A building site, fly tipping and burning of food.
- Council to ask Darren continue with investigation and institute official enquiries.