Community Council Meeting
15 October 2013
Items of Interest from Community Council Meeting 15th October:

Matters Arising from Previous Meeting:

Proposed Closure of Public Toilets by Powys County Council:
Following the Public Meeting held on 15th October and attended by 30 people, the Community Council and County Councillor, it was resolved to declare our intention to consider taking over the operation of the Public Toilets, without a firm commitment, until such time as we have been able to obtain and consider accurate costings for water, sewerage, electricity, maintenance and any other relevant factors involved in operating such a facility. To this end, Powys County will extend the deadline for closure to 31st December 2013. (This has now been confirmed and notices displayed at the Toilets to inform the Public) A further Public Meeting will be held when all the information has been evaluated and a final decision will be discussed.

Damage to Cwm Rhiwarth Road:
County Councillor Mayor advised that with regard to edge sealing of patches, Powys CC have ceased this practice as the smooth surface of the sealant has been causing loss of traction. He also undertook to report concerns about rocks protruding into the road, above the Old Mill entrance, where a wall had collapsed.

Any Other Business:

Affordable Housing:
The Rural Housing Enabler attended the meeting to confirm that both Housing Associations approached so far had declined to take on this project. There was a possibility that another Housing Association might take a look at this after March 2014.

Bridle Path by Berwynfa serving Bryn Teg, Godre Berwyn, Wern Goch:
Concerns were raised about the deteriorating state of this path caused by water erosion. It was resolved to report this to the Footpaths Officer and Powys County Council Highways Department, as it is now becoming dangerous for vehicles and pedestrians.

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 19th November 2013 at 7.30pm.
If anyone has concerns about anything affecting the village or any suggestions for improvements, please contact the Clerk or any one of the Councillors on the list displayed on the Public Notice Board.