News for Llangynog
Llangynog scarecrow map (updated)
Revolution Bike Park Update
Llangynog mountainside fire
Information about your local shops and home delivery
Llangynog Covid-19 response
Community Sector Emergency Response Team (C-SERT)
Coronavirus - Important Information and Current Advice
Looking for Volunteers for shopping, friendly phone calls etc.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Welsh Government advice & Llanfyllin Group Practice
Fibre broadband survey for Llangynog residents
Biodiversity Report 2019
Powys Community Health Council: Powys Voice December 2019 (PDF)
Bridge over the River Tanat coming into Llangynog damaged
Garden waste banks to be removed
Income tax Marriage Allowance
Llangynog not to get superfast (fibre) broadband under Superfast Cymru
Welcome to new members from Llangynog WI
Are you worried about slipping, tripping or falling in and around your home?
Council taking over the kerbside recycling collections from Cae Post
Do you need a larger waste bin?
What can I recycle? What can't I recycle?
Llangynog now has a defibrillator
1000 Mile Trial for prewar cars comes to Llangynog
Income tax Marriage Allowance

This is not something that is specific to the village, but may apply to quite a few locals.

There is a tax allowance that has had a low takeup, and does not seem to be widely known about. It is called the Marriage Allowance, and is for couples (including pensioners) where one partner pays standard rate income tax and the other is a non-taxpayer.

It can be claimed in the following circumstances:

  • You are married or in a civil partnership.
  • One partner has no earnings, or has an income of £11,500 or less in 2017-18.
  • The other partner’s income is between £11,501 and £45,000 in 2017-18.

If you qualify, the lower earner can transfer part of their unused income tax allowance to the higher earner. This will reduce their income tax by up to £230 in the current tax year. The allowance can be backdated to 2015, giving a potential tax refund of up to £662.

More information is in the following link to The Guardian:

Claiming is quick and easy. The allowance can be claimed online here: